Radio does not stop developing being used in various fields of human life for many purposes. Still it remains one of the most convenient and cheap ways for commutation. Besides, it entertains people offering interesting broadcasting and even radio plays. In the past it is used in maritime business. The mariners send messages to land by telegraph using Morse code. One of example of such appliance is the fact that sinking Titanic sent such signals in 1912. Also this way of communication was used between armies and navies. With help of radio waves the location of aircrafts was detected. And there were many other ways to benefit from such an important invention.
Today, radio has many forms including mobile connection, wireless networks, and still radio broadcasting with news, music, shows and so on. We suggest considering those uses of radio at the present time.
Where Is Radio Used Today?
- Commercial AM and FM Broadcasting. Being a particular range of radio frequencies set, this kind of radio waves provides public with communication of high quality.
- Don’t you know that television antennas receive AM and FM radio waves?
- This device works due to radio waves and are widely used for military and commercial purposes, for example to find out the location of fish in the sea for fisheries sector.
- When we use satellite navigation system, again we deal with radio waves.
- Our mobile devices work thanks to radio waves, which allow emergency services to use them in order to communicate with people in distant areas where there is no cell phone service.
- Wireless Communications. All that connected with remote control is available because there are radio waves.
- In order to study Solar system, astronomers apply radio waves for getting signals transmitted by stars.
Do not think that the potential of radio waves is worked out. The scientists say that radio will be used extensively in the future when different technologies are going to interact managed by one person only. Radio continues to be a very essential invention and a based tool for embodiment of interesting ideas in music and audio entertainment field. It is very demanded in car industry entertaining drivers who are not ready to refuse it regardless of various cutting-age technologies offered by the car producers. Even in digital age radio is listened by millions of people of various nations.
Men and Radio
Radio is always with you: in your car, smartphone, in mall, in the street broadcasting from all angles. We get useful information from it listening to news, enjoy good music. And here’s the important thing – we have choice changing channels and creating our own world with help of a current broadcast. It is a perfect tool to develop a comfort zone forgetting about a mass at work, failure in relationships, even diseases, lack of money or distant and hard to achieve perspective goals. Here at this moment you can enjoy favorite music composition, push back the limits, find a new topic for conversation and in the long run improve those almost broken relations with a partner. This is like a kind of SPA procedure or it can be regarded as a treatment interview with a couch doctor. It is so important for psychological and mental health to feel satisfied with the environment and the radio gives us this opportunity offering a wide choice of entertainment available at any time using the simplest devices. For example, a man having problems with erection can acheter Viagra en ligne – https://www.drfrancais.com/viagra-marque-fr.html get into his car, go to his partner listening to music, and set his mind on expected perfect sexual experience forgetting about his sexual disorder. By the way, radio can give you the useful information about Cialis and its difference from magic blue pills. Or if you are not lucky to find the needed wavelength with relevant medical radio traffic, you can read the helpful information here.
Today we can release benefits of radio thanks to such important inventions as the telegraph and telephone being close and interconnected. When the electromagnetic waves were discovered the scientists invent the method to transmit information through the air. Before the radio technology were known as wireless telegraphy. Now this capacity is still in great demand meeting the needs of people in entertainment and information. There are thousands of stations broadcasting various radio channels throughout the world.
Step by Step
- This exciting journey started in 1895 when Guglielmo Marconi was able to send and receive the first radio signal within the territory of Italy. In four years the distance become larger – a wireless signal was sent across the English Channel. In another three years Marconi managed to send the signal in the form of the letter “S” from England to Newfoundland – a short message but very important. At the same time Nikola Tesla patented the radio transmitters operating without wire. This is Nikola Tesla who is usually mentioned as an inventor of radio technology.
- Then the events came thick and fast. While Tesla and Marconi sent the letters by wireless method Reginald Fessenden from Canada managed to transmit the first voice message and that happened in 1900. He made the first radio broadcast at the end of 1906.
- Soon the complete speech was transmitted across the continents. It happened in 1915.
- The radio began penetrating with other industries and in 1930 a car radio was intended by Motorola.
- Later in 1933 Edwin Armstrong defined the principles of frequency modulation making the audio signal much better decreasing the noises produced by equipment and the earth’s atmosphere. Here we got FM radio that is popular up to now.
- And of course we cannot omit reference of Satellite radio. This story started in 1992 when four companies in the world got the license to broadcast within satellite-based Digital Audio Radio Service.
What is the Principles of Radio Waves?
So today you can drive down the road in a car feeling happy, turn on the radio, tune it to any station you want and enjoy sounds or information of any kind. It is so simple, isn’t it? But how does it work?
There is electromagnetic radiation, which is produced by electric or magnetic field of the Earth and has different length. Both these fields exist in waves, which are perpendicular to each other. The type of EM radiation with the longest wavelength is radio waves, which are used by radio stations for transmitting the sound in an encoded form or as specialists say: being modulated. This encoded or modulated information is broadcasted on a certain frequency picked up by an antenna of a transmitter and decoded by it offering as a sound.
In general the quality of radio reception depends on many different things like type of modulation, the power of station, geographical location and so on. There is always room for perfection. Perhaps you are able to make the world better and invent the way to exclude those factors influencing on perfect radio sound.
Influence of Radio Waves on Human Health
The scientists insist that there are no adverse effects of radio waves, but still there are questions as to their impact on our health. A lot of researches were conducted to find the biological effects of radio waves or to prove their complete safety. All of them show that the clearest and most studied effect of electromagnetic fields is capability to heat. In other words, if you stand near antenna of working high-power transmitter, you will feel warmness and if you touch it, you can get even a burn. The principle is the same as with a microwave oven.
There are no other defined and proved dangers but the precautions are recommended. The radio waves may cause slight headaches, sleep disorders, other neurological problems, so you’d better keep it away from bedroom and children’s room. But this opinion has not official grounds.